Greetings from the SERVE Philly Professional Development Team!
We are happy to share the third installment of our monthly newsletter with you. Included in this newsletter is a great selection of professional development opportunities, the majority of which are free of charge! Whether you’re interested in marketing, grant writing, or interview prep, this newsletter has opportunities for everyone.
We would also like to highlight the VISTA Howl at the Moon Happy Hour this Thursday, February 20th from 5:00 to 8:00PM, which will be a great opportunity to network and socialize with Serve Philadelphia and PHENND VISTAs in the city. You’ll find more details below. As always, if you have a Professional Development opportunity you would like to share, please submit it below.
- How to Construct the Crucial Evaluation Piece of Grant Proposals and Reports – Insight into grant writing with a specific focus on program evaluation and accountability.
When: February 26, 2014 3:00-4:00PM
- How to Succeed as an Entrepreneur – Learn from Yale School of Management Professor Mike Grandinetti about what it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur.
When: February 27, 2014 9:00-10:00PM
Educational Opportunities: Conferences, Panel Discussions, Sessions & Workshops
- Sparer Symposium 2014: Gender and Social Inequality – “covers global current topics in sexism and gender inequality from a legal/public interest perspective.”
When: February 21, 2014 9AM-5PM
Where: UPenn Law School, 3501 Sansom Street
- Building an Audience of BFFs: How Nonprofits are Mastering Today’s Networking Tools – “improve how well your organization is using the ever-expanding range of online and mobile PR tools.”
When: February 25, 2014 10:30AM-12PM
Where: 1901 Vine Street Ground Floor
- Philly Codefest – “a two-day coding competition to transform data into real world solutions.ʺ
When: February 21-23
Where: Drexel’s URBN Center, 3501 Market Street, Philadelphia
- LinkedIn for Job Seekers – ʺLearn how to unlock the potential of LinkedIn for your job search and uncover the hidden job market.ʺ
When: GPCC Conference Center 200 S Broad St #700
Where: February 26, 2014
- Supercharge Your Marketing for 2014 – “A seminar from marketing professionals providing advice and insights into the field.”
When: February 26, 2014
Where: GPCC Conference Center 200 South Broad Street #700
- Job Interview Coaching – Free one-on-one job interview coaching via Google’s Helpouts
When: By appointment
- VISTA Howl at the Moon Happy Hour – “Join the SERVEPhiladelphia and PHENND VISTA Corps for a fun night out to celebrate the accomplishments of VISTA alumni and make new connections with serving VISTAs.”
When: Thursday, February 20, 2014 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Where: Howl at the Moon, 258 S 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Submit Your Own Opportunity!
Do you or your organization have a professional development opportunity, volunteer opportunity, or resource that you would like to share with others on our newsletter? If so, simply CLICK HERE and our talented team will evaluate how to best spread it with our readers. Our newsletters go out on the second Friday of each month, so plan accordingly!